Sunday 15 May 2011

VALDEMAR MEDIEVAL CRUSADER 1/72.

Hello all,

Another foray into the medieval world.This time I tried a crusader in the holy land.
I must stop watching "Kingdom of heaven", it gives me idea's of away from the modern world.
 When I posted this bloke on Benno's forum some one pointed out that the shield should have had the same cross as on the tabard, to make him a Templar.A very fair point and it goes to show how little I know about the subject.It does make me want to know more though!
 The shield was crap, the lines didn't line up when I tried to mask it off to be a clever sod.It took all the bloody paint off the shield.
I think he looks a damn site better without the shield.
I hate painting white and it's rare it ever works out for me, but this time I will take it.
 It took for ever to get the red cross right.About 4 attempts, 50 swear words, one upset wife and a son with a few new words I never want him to repeat!
Some days it just works, others it time to put the brush down walk away have a cup of tea (or beer) give it an hour and come back to it.
The base is just PVA glue, sand, a few small rocks and woodland scenic self cast rock.All given a good wash of Vallejo burnt umber and some MiG pigments weathering powder and job done!
I really like Valdemar figures, they and other metal figures feel like a treat, something to spoil yourself with.I am starting an EBay fund to buy some more so a few of my older bits and pieces are now finding there way on there.

PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGES FOR A LARGER VIEW AND ANY COMMENTS ALWAYS WELCOME!

Cheers for looking,    Rich.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry too much about the shield, the figure looks just fine with it ;)

Paul´s Bods said...

I always bin the shields these days and make my own, just print them out...saves time and annoyance.
He looks fine mate..Medievals are just so sexy baby!!! :-D
Cheers
paul

mork6969 said...

I love this one. Looking good as it is!