Monday, 23 May 2011

TQD CASTING GERMAN FALLSCHIRMJAGER IN THE MED 1/72.

 Hello all,

Two posts in one night!!!What ever next!!!!
My Sister has decided to grace us with her presence for a few days so my wife (she who must be obeyed)demanded I tidy the spare room.It didn't warrant a full tidy but enough.
 I thought I might not get the chance to paint OR post for a few days (more like a bloody week) due to a camping trip and the royal visit, I decided to quickly finish off these blokes.


 They have been on the work bench for well over a year and just needed touching up and a bit of weathering.

A trip to the vice and a quick go on with the Jeweller hacksaw and they will be ready for basing.
 Maurice had raised a very good point that I am getting bone idle with my bases and I need to get off my arse and knock a few more up.
I had in mind this lot lined up behind a wall waiting to cross.
I used Vallejo yellow ochre for the base colour and leather brown for the webbing.
A good wash with burnt umber and then high lighted with the yellow again.
All the figures were brushed with Tamiya weather powder.
These TQD casting figures might be getting harder to get hold off.The shop I normally buy them from have taken the off their main site, but say you can still get them, but I don't like the sound of that!
Its rare to find such good quality metal figures for dioramas, they are mainly for war gaming.
PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGES FOR A LARGER VIEW AND ANY COMMENTS OR TIPS MORE THAN WELCOME.

Cheers for looking,  Rich.

4 comments:

Al said...

Man you do some nice stuff, nothing wrong with the heli, it would fit great alongside my efforts:)

Mojo said...

These are definitely very nice figures, which have also been painted very well!
I like them! :)
Cheers, Mojo

Thanos said...

Very very good figures Rich!
The weathering is really great!!
T.

The Angry Lurker said...

Very nicely done, just bought some of their new marching german figures, lovely casts but not their new bases.