Sunday 8 May 2011

REVELL ENGLISH CIVIL WAR "HOLD YOUR NERVE" DUEL 1/72.

Hello all,

Like I said before I am caught up in duelling season at the moment so it would account for my rather erratic posting and replies.
This duel was with the great Peter from  Peter's cave, Cheers for the duel mate, it was a pleasure sir!

 It was a duel involving up to three figures, ECW and a small base.
This is not my normal era as any one who follows this blog will know, I am more of a modern boy at heart.But a change is as good as a rest.
I would like to know more about the ECW so this was a good opportunity to expand my small mind.
The dio is about a musketeer defending himself against a cavalry charge.This is also the first mounted figure I have ever tried,so it's a first all round.
If you look on the arse of the horse I missed a bit, or scratched it removing the base.I didn't notice this till it was posted so that will teach me to check my work.
 There was a third bloke painted for this dio but I didn't like the look of his face, to much flash and not enough detail so he didn't make it.I might post a picture when, if I get a small base finished.
I am quite chuffed with the base on this one.It started with a few clumps and then get "grew" a life of its own.
Again I would like to thank Peter for the duel,which I only won because Peter took his pictures a  bit to close so you could appreciate the very well painted figures, next time I will get my arse kick!

PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGES FOR A LARGER VIEW AND ANY TIPS OR COMMENTS MORE THAN WELCOME!

Cheers for looking,  Rich.

6 comments:

peter said...

Dear Rich,

it was not only the bad pictures of my entry, that gave you the victory, but also the good work you did yourself. And after seeing some more pictures of your work here I'm even more impressed! Very good work on painting, but also the basing is!

A well deserved victory. Congrats mate :-D

And some day we will have a replay ;-)

Greetings
Peter

Paul said...

Lovely work Rich, really nice colours and attention to detail.

Jealous of your bases as always...Damn you!

Al said...

Nice dio, don't like his chances!

Anonymous said...

Is a really nice landscape

Paul´s Bods said...

The backdrop fits perfectly with a great landscape...two great looking bods.
Cheers
Paul

Captain Richard's miniature Civil War said...

Great looking work, Rich