Wednesday 11 May 2011

UNDER FIRE MINIATURES USMC VIETNAM 1/72 WIP.

Hello all,

Just a quick one of some blokes that I am painting for a group build on Benno's.A Vietnam group build that I have not got very far with.
Now that I am half way through building my Gazelle helicopter for "chopper month" (don't get me started on that!) I will have to pull my finger out.
 The blokes are from ..... you guessed it "Under fire miniatures".What a bloody surprise!!!
They really are bloody fantastic figures and can't get enough of them.
This bloke is meant to be a Corp man running with his first aid kit,  another great pose full of life.
I tried many colours to get this far with the green but I ended up using Vallejo medium olive, it still looks a bit green but I can live with it.


The webbing is khaki,and the rest of the figure given a wash of black and then dry brushed again with medium green.I forget which colours I used for the helmet cover but it seems to work better than my last bash at it.A quick blast of Tamiya weathering powder and some MiG pigment dry mud on the knees and done.

This bloke is firing the "pig" M60 in the prone position.The bi pod was came separate and was a sod to fix to the gun,living up to it's nickname.The gun was painted black grey with a hint of gun metal.Then a wash with black and dry brushed with gun metal again.

I cocked up this figure when dry brushing the medium green on his back and did it a bit to heavy, again a victim of beer.I am still not sure how I am going to base these blokes maybe around a 105mm light gun as if a fire base is being over run.
PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGES FOR A LARGER VIEW AND ANY COMMENTS MORE THAN WELCOME!

Cheers for looking,   Rich.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bloody good work, Rich.

peter said...

I can only agree with what Maurice has said! Great work :-)

Greetings
Peter

Paul´s Bods said...

Great...the green looks spot on as does the webbing. I love the "Pig" guys pose...
Cheers
paul

mork6969 said...

Great figures and great work. I like the dynamic pose of the running man!