Monday 30 May 2011

MORE SELOUS SCOUTS IN INSURGENT DRESS 1/72.

Hello all,

They don't call me "Rich 2 post's" for nothing!!!No really they don't, it's just Rich but one man can dream.It's like when I tried to get the wife to call me "Mr lover,lover" or "Mr bombastic, Mr fantastic".,still not happening.
Any way I digress, this is the second post of the night.Firstly the, Airfix Westland Gazelle, copter month, and now the rest of my "Rhodesian Selous scout's".
More "Under fire miniature's" figures, but why not, they are "hotter than Satan's testicles".A real joy to paint,which at the moment is a bonus (bloody Gazelles).
This is the rest of the set, which I have not painted to the same standard as the other's, but I am still chuffed to piss with them.
I tried to make a small whip ariel for the patrol radio, because the figure did not come with one.Not quite right and still not sure if I should have kept it straight.
I think a bit more research would have helped, but last time I tried that I got a virus   and a few funny questions off the wife so you will have to lump it!
I did a little research on ZANLA/ZIPRA forces and they were pretty much as you would expect of an African insurgent army, a lot of civvies and a mix of uniforms and cammo.
Being a bit lazy, I should have painted the forge cap as a Rhodesian cammo scheme. I like the fact the scaly is wear shades, the only way to go to war!
I always find it hard doing un-uni formal civvy dress for some reason.Strange that.I have another set of these figures and was toying with the idea of a few head swaps to bulk out the patrol.
I shyed away from blacking out the face's completely but could have cammed them up a bit more so I should be a bit more braver.I might even paint one or two as ZANLA fighters.
 Well here's the finished patrol photo.It is unusual for me to finish a set of soldiers, but this is the second set of Under fire figures that I have done.
I have the other two Rhodesian light infantry sets to work through, but I am really waiting for the enemy sets to come out for them.

All I need to do now is an African base for them.I have a few ideas up my sleeve including and African huts being searched or some "Bush" to  patrol through.

PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGES FOR A LARGER VIEW AND ANY COMMENTS OR TIPS WELCOME.

Cheers for looking,     Rich.

7 comments:

peter said...

Very nice painted figures Rich!

Job well done ;-)

Greetings
Peter

Thanos said...

Nicely painted there Rich! :-)
T.

The Angry Lurker said...

They're bloody lovely figures, very nicely done.

Paul said...

Lovely work Rich and lovely figures Rich (Mr 2 post).

Captain Richard's miniature Civil War said...

Excellent work, Rich

Anonymous said...

How do these figs measure up to 1/72 plastics?

west1871 said...

They are a little bit bigger than makes like HAT,more Zvezda size I would say.but still worth buying though.The detail is cracking and the subject is unusal.

Cheers Rich.