Monday 11 February 2013

Italeri Hawk MK100 1/72 WIP.

Hello all,

Here is a build of an Italeri Hawk 100 that I picked up for about £4 in the local hobby shop that I finally got around to building.
I find building the cockpit and painting the inside of the cockpit the most off putting bit of a plane build, once I have got this bit out of the way its no problems, just need that kick up the arse.

I have tried dry brushing panels and tried just spots of paint and this is the method I went for on this one.

The seat belts are a bit of a let down , but that was more to do with beer again than anything else to be fair.

I do like the red trigger button on the control column, not sure if it correct or if I have been watching too much "Top gun".

Here it is in position to give a better idea of how it fits in.
I have jumped a bit in the build, I will tell you about the nose wait tomorrow.
I will fill you in on how it went tomorrow!

PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGES FOR A LARGER VIEW AND ANY COMMENTS MORE THAN WELCOME.

Cheers for looking,   Rich.

3 comments:

Thanos said...

Looking very good so far Rich. I always thought that cockpits were too fiddly to handle. You did done fine job on it mate! :-)

Anonymous said...

hey there, cockpit is looking very neat indeed, cheers!

i personally like this particular aircraft a lot but there aren't many kit alternatives for it in the market, how do you like this italeri one so far, recommended?

regards,
Murad.

peter said...

You can't leave it unpainted because you can see it when the model is finished! So it has to be done. I find you did a great job on it!

Greetings
Peter