Tuesday 4 October 2011

Italeri ACW Union soldier 1/72.

Hello all,

Long time no post!I have been off the modelling scene for a bit trying to get motivated again.
Blogger has not been helping either.I still can not post in my normal format.Being an old git and fear change this has got on my tits!I have been looking at everyones posts but not commenting but that doesn't mean I don't think everyones work is cracking.

This is an American civil war Union soldier I did a while back for a duel with my my Cole on Benno's.For some reason I won the duel, which was a surprise because Cole's entry was bloody amazing!

The figure is from the Italeri set, rather than the old ESCI issue set, (which is still good if you can get hold of it).I know nothing about the ACW except what I learnt from watching Ken Burns brilliant series "The civil war".I loved that series when I was a kid and watch the re runs on the History channel.Still nothing really sank in which is no reflexion on the the show.
The first thing is the trouser's (or pants if your from that side of the pond)They are not dark enough.Faded would be pushing it so I will hold my hands up.I also used gloss coat to fix the MiG pigment instead of thinner, what a knobber!!!!!
Well for a first bash at the ACW I don't feel that I did a bad job at all.I have not be idle in this time away from blogging so watch this space.

PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGES FOR A LARGER VIEW AND ANY COMMENTS MORE THAN WELCOME.

3 comments:

Erhntly said...

Hi West...
Nice and handsome figure...

peter said...

Hey Rich! Great painted figure and I love the weathering on the figure!

Greetings
Peter
http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

Paul said...

Lovely effort Rich. He looks grand.

Regards Paul