Sunday 16 October 2011

Trumpeter Swedish Strv103B 1/72.

Hello all,

Blogger is still being a dick so I cannot post how I want (Booooo Hisssssss).This was a bit of a nightmare to finish .The kit went together like a dream but the paint was a sod.
This is a funny looking modern tank, I thought I would never see a turret less tank ever again.It must work for the Swedes though.

The build went like a dream up until the turret gun.It was a bit of a pig to get off the spruce and I nearly snapped it.

I thought I was going to have a drama when I snapped the drive sprocket but it was cunningly hidden by the mud guards, bonus!

The air brush packed up half way through spraying the finishing coat.Bloody airbrush.To be honest I don't really know what I am doing with the thing really.I don't think I am cleaning it correctly, so off to YouTube I think.

A subtle dose of MiG weathering powder (African mud of all things) seems to have worked.I also gave it a wash of pro modeller dirt brown.

Only a few decals to apply and they went on without a problem. A few pencil  rubbings to give it a scrapped lived in look.

Suffering the sin of pride on this build,I think the pictures don't do it justice.Very happy indeed,less so with my airbrush but thats another story!

PLEASE CLICK  ON IMAGES FOR A LARGER VIEW AND ANY COMMENTS ALWAYS WELCOME.

Cheers for looking,  Rich.

6 comments:

Erhntly said...

Hi Rich , it's now that a child. Turret will be when it's adult..
cheers...

Tim Gow said...

I have managed to resist this kit so far, but as the S-tank is an old favourite of mine, it's only a matter of time! I do have some in 6mm though...

Nick Grant said...

Very nicely done.

Nick

Captain Richard's miniature Civil War said...

Great job so far, Rick...awesome shade of green

Paul said...

Nice work on the S-Tank beastie. Airbrushes seem over complicated to me and so far I have resisted the temptation so far.

The colours seem perfect. Well done.

Thanos said...

A war has its casualties Rich....long live the airbrush!
Nice work, and you did an excellent job with the weathering pigments!
T.