Thursday 6 October 2011

Trumpeter Russian BTR-80 1/72.

Hello all,

This is another Trumpeter kit and one that I have wanted for a long time.I always wanted some modern Russian armour and found the ACE stuff a nightmare to knock up, so this was a bonus.
 The kit went together like a dream, no problems at all.So far I have built three Trumpeter kits and had no issues.Top kits every one.A bit pricy but worth every penny!
 To be honest the colour is not quite how I thought it was going to turn out.It looks a bit too WWII Russian tank green for my liking, but I only have a limited Vallejo model air selection at the moment and I am not brave enough to thin my normal Model colour stuff down.
 I gave it a bloody good wash of Pro modeller dirt brown over everything and that has seemed to  worked.
 Then after some MiG rust weathering powder on the exhaust pipes I gave it a light dry brushing of grey.Next was a light wash of MiG dry mud and thinner to fix it.This time I didn't go mental with the weathering powder like I did with the T-55.
The one thing I really like about these kits is the fact the wheels are separate.I hate painting wheels, my hands just aren't that steady.
I more trumpeter kits in the stash and my airbrush is itching to be mucked about with.I must get off my arse and finish some base's for the AFV's to go on.

PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGES FOR A LARGER VIEW, AND ANY COMMENTS MORE THAN WELCOME.

Cheers for looking,    Rich.

6 comments:

Erhntly said...

hi Rich,, very nice finish.
I'm undecided but I seen it, I'll take this kit.
Cheers

Paul´s Bods said...

cracking build and painting mate!!!
Cheers
paul

Engel said...

Its look realy good. Nice

Paul said...

You have been busy Rich. Great work and a nice paint scheme.

Thumbs up to Trumpeter!

Al said...

very nice, ahem, now, back to those Marines eh? :)

Tim Gow said...

Very nice - and for what it's worth the green looks fine.