Thursday 13 October 2011

Modern British army conversions 1/72.

Hello all,

Here are some conversions I did ages ago using  Revell modern Brits and Airfix NATO ground crew.Blogger is still being a dick and not playing ball.So this will not be a long rambling like I normally bore people with.The trouble with Revell Brits is like me they are a little bit short.I wouldn't try making the cold stream guards using this set but I would say they have Gurkha's written all over them!These are more 1990's squaddies due to the lack of body armour, the crap hat dates them a lot, but reminds mew of a corporal I used to know who would never been seen with out it in the field.
The body is Revell and the head is from Airfix.

The daysack came from another Revell figure.

The body is from the LAW firing figure and the top half from the sniper.

I know snipers are normally prone or sitting but I fancied something different.

The bottom half is from the sniper (waste not,want not).The top half from the firing bloke.

I was surprised they didn't include a kneeling bloke in the kit.

The head is from CMSC but I messed up and didn't connect the Jerry can to the blokes hand.
He is meant to be from the Blues and Royals.

I bulked out the combats with Vallejo plastic putty and tried to give that woolly pulley look by painting patches on.
I quite like the DPM on these figures and I think the Revell set is cracking for conversions.I have loads in different stages of production.I started these ages ago and should really finish them off.

PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGES FOR A LARGER VIEW AND ANY COMMENTS MORE THAN WELCOME.

Cheers for looking,    Rich.

6 comments:

GEM Team said...

gr8 convertions. Cheers mate

Nick Grant said...

Outstanding!

Nick

Erhntly said...

Rich..crazy man :)

peter said...

Great conversions Rich!

Greetings
Peter
http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

Paul said...

Lovely work as per your usual standard. Consider your ideas stolen mate.

Regards Paul

Al said...

I like them, some nice changes of pose