This was meant to be a nice simple build, but end up a sodding nightmare in the end!!!! I thought it would be nice to try and give it a bit of extra effort on this build, try and make it a looker. You get two different decal options with this kit US Navy or Greek air force. I was tempted to try the Greek option but thought I wanted a US plane, white is always a challenge.
|This is the bait picture to get you to have a closer look at this post, not bad you might think, well read on sir!|
|I have had problems with the colour orange before so thought I would buy a spray can of it and see how it goes. I have Gnat in the stash so the colour will not be wasted. At this point I think everything is going well!|
|Once the canopy mask is off the horror of leaking gloss paint (that has hardened) all over the canopy, not a f?£king again!!!!!!|
|On the plus side the decals went on like a dream all thing considered.|
|From a distance this looks like a good job but I know I am not happy with it, I learnt a few things mind you so not a total waste of time, I think I was just upping for a better result.|
|The pilots weren't bad and I did manage to make the ejector seat pull cords.|
|I have bought myself the new Italeri carrier deck diorama base and was planning on putting this on it but because it a crap job I will wait for something better to mount on it, that and the fact I have to build and paint the bloody thing.|
|The base is a bit of paper printed of the Internet which does just a good enough job for this pain in the arse.|
NORMALLY I SAY PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGES FOR A LARGER VIEW BUT NOT THIS TIME! ANY COMMENTS ARE STILL MORE THAN WELCOME THOUGH LOL!
Cheers for looking, Rich.