Thursday 31 January 2013

Matador models WWII RAF pilot 1/72.

Hello all,

 Just a quickie  tonight. This was knocked up for a competition but decided to go with something else instead. I think that He would look good in front of a spitfire or hurricane on a nice green airfield.
I picked up this set at Poole vikings model show and wished I had bought a couple of other set as well.
This bloke took about half an hour to paint.

The yellow on the Mae west behaved itself  after a second coat.

There was a little bit of flash on this bloke but even though it was a metal figure the knife sorted most of it out.

I had a bash at doing a shoulder patch with a eagle on a blue patch.

Should have based him on grass and posted the picture, I suppose it would mean I have to build that spit I have in the stash.
I like this figure but not as much as the entry so watch this space!

PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGE FOR LARGER VIEW AND ANY COMMENTS MORE THAN WELCOME.

Cheers for looking,   Rich.

4 comments:

Remco said...

Cool one Rich, would be a Duel winner in my opinion ;-)

Paul said...

A well spent 30 minutes Rich, well done.

FalkeEins said...


..neat !

peter said...

Great painted figure Rich! And that in a half hour! That's quick!

Greetings
Peter