Sunday, 19 February 2012

Italeri Autoblinda AB40 1/72.

Hello all,

 I have a fetish for all things WW2 Italian, I don't know why but I do. I like Italeri kits and this was good fun to build. Having separate tyres is a good send for a bone idle git like myself. Also my hand shakes like Gene Wilder's in "Blazing saddles" so it a lot easier to get a good finish.
I was going to paint some crew to go with this one but the first ones turned up late and when  I found my old ESCI crew the paint job needed a lot of work. It is a shame because you have a few options with open hatches.
A tip with this kit is if you choose the police version leave the front towing eye off tip after you have done the front decals. I made this mistake and decided to remove it and reattach it at the end.
Another nice touch is separate pioneer tools, they look a hell of a lot better than moulded ones.
I had to go for the colourful police version if I did another one I would choose the plane on but I am happy how the decals went on, a little bit of micro sol and job done.
A good wash with pro modeller dirt sets it off. Some pointed out that it would not be that colour and to be honest they are right. I should have used a sand wash.





PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGES FOR A LARGER VIEW AND ANY COMMENTS MORE THAN WELCOME.

Cheers Rich.

Wednesday, 15 February 2012

Hungarian MIG-17 1/72.

Hello all,

Sorry for not commenting on every ones fine work but my real work has gone mental and taking up far too much of my time!
This was an impulse buy from a new shop in the area. It was only a £5 so I thought why not, I can always try a few new idea's out. Just as bloody well because I made a right dogs dinner of it. The canopy was  crap and I didn't even bother with it. I thought I would need to cover it some how to go for a storage look.
I have never tried using tissue paper and PVA glue to make tarps and covers so now was as good as time as any. I wanted to make it and Egyptian or Syrian MIG-17 being covered from the sand but The kit didn't come with that set, so I had to borrow the decals from the Airfix MIG-15 set.
I know it would have engine covers and wheel chocs or other bits and bobs but it was a rescue job.
It also feel victim to my airbrush learning curve and attempts and varnishing.
I should have put it on a run way with a guard walking around it,  there is still time for that though.
All in all I am happy with the end results and I learnt a few new tricks as well.







 PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGES FOR A LARGER VIEW AND ANY COMMENTS MORE THAN WELCOME.

Cheers for looking,   Rich.