Monday 22 August 2011

Valdemar Medieval casualty 1/72.

Hello all,

This is from a duel on Benno's with the great Paul from
Paul's bods, and his man the "Arrow catcher".
Cheers for the duel Paul I am slowly catching up!

Another one of Alex's stunning figures from the Valdemar stables.They are a bit pricey but well worth the money.
The base was a simple affair.A load of Vallejo dark mud effect smeared over one of the million MDF base's I picked up dirt cheap.
Once it nearly dried I pushed the fallen knight into the mud to make it look a bit more natural, then sitting on top.
Then my wife told me afterwards that the way I placed the grass around the bloke didn't look right!
The grass is from silfor tufts and some loose static grass for the trod down look (cheers to Paul for that tip from another dio).
The figure was painted using the good old Vallejo model colour and Vallejo washes.The armour was dry brushed and filed to bring back the original metal of the figure.I know it's cheating a bit but you can't beat real metal.The sword still looks a little to clean for my liking but it's to late now.I would like to thank Paul again for the duel, I don't think people realised how much work went into the conversion on yours mate.Till the next time!
PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGES FOR A LARGER VIEW AND ANY COMMENTS MORE THAN WELCOME!

Cheers for looking,    Rich.

5 comments:

Bartender said...

I thought that was real!

Alois Nebel said...

Nice work. I thought it was your figure when I saw the base.

V.

peter said...

Nice painted figure and a great base Rich!

It's about time I paint some of my Valdemar figures ;-)

Greetings
Peter
http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

mork6969 said...

Nice Figure, great paintjob and a realy nice dio...

Paul said...

Wonderful work, the figure and base are super.

Lovely armour on that chap as well.

Regards Paul