Saturday, 20 August 2011

Trumpeter Croatian T-55 Build 1/72. pt2.

Hello all,

Well this is how far I have got with this build of a Croatian T-55.
The three main bit are built, the turret, the chassis and body are now finished.
The turret has been the hardest part of the build so far with the smallest most fiddliest bits to put on in the world.
The little hooks by the side bars have been a pain in the arse.You get six in the kit and only need four.I lost two and a third one went over the hill for half and hour.
The metal gun went on better than I thought with the aid of my old Nemesis "Loctite"!!!!!
 All three section's put together for a dry fitting to see how good it looks.And to make sure I haven't cocked it up in a massive scale.
Like Pauls the fuel drum lines are still a problem!!!!
I have tried to get the "track sag" look like Paul did using Super glue.
The first one didn't quite work as well, but practice makes perfect and the other side worked better.
That was due to me using my fat fingers to hold the tracks down, and also why I could take pictures of it either.
The build has cost me my airbrush!!!!!It died this morning due to my sausage fingers over tightening the thread on the needle and it sheared off.Sod's law just when I am getting used to it.Never mind some over time will hopefully pay for a new Harder and steenbeck airbrush.
I used Vallejo Russian primer and model air Russian green for the main colour.

I have finished this build and I am waiting for some descent light to take the final pictures.

PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGES FOR A LARGER VIEW AND ANY COMMENTS OR TIP MORE THAN WELCOME.

Cheers for looking,   Rich.

No comments: