Monday 11 April 2011

UNDER FIRE MINIATURES RHODESIAN SELOUS SCOUTS 172,WIP,PT2

Hello all,

Here is some more Under fire miniatures Selous scouts.
A bloody great set that I have cocked up.I am not happy with the camo pattern this time, because I got caught in two minds on which colour to do the base colour.I then spent bloody ages trying to rectify the problems.




Th camo is not that bad I suppose, but I had a book called "Fire force" by  Chris Cocks (yes I know) it is his name.So I had a reference to go by ad still got it wrong.
Well at least I have a load more figures to practice on.
I might add a whip ariel to this bloke to give him a bit more life.The face is not to well done on this bloke, again I think I rushed him a bit.The wash on the webbing was a bit to strong and the dry brushing a bit to light so again not to happy with him.
I should have painted his T shirt a plain colour but I cocked up on the very first bloke and gave him a plain shirt when it should have been camo.To try  and make the look of Rhodesians, I tried to get more camo in but it doesn't look right at all.
The webbing wasn't bad on this bloke but that's about it.






Last but not least a team photo of the boys all together.
I still have to remove the bases with my new jewellers hack saw but that shouldn't be a problem (famous last words).
On a descent base with a few high bushes and a good background they might just look Okay.
A great set that the first bloke gave me really joy to paint then let down by me rushing.

PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGES FOR A LARGER VIEW AND ANY COMMENTS OR TIPS WELCOME.

Cheers for looking,    Rich.

6 comments:

Captain Richard's miniature Civil War said...

Nice paintwork, Rich

GEM Team said...

very well painted Rich, Nice work.

Al said...

Yep, awesome miniatures mate, painted to a tee

Paul said...

Don't be so hard on yourself, they look super.

Well done.

mork6969 said...

Sorry Rich, but this is real cool stuff. I like them as they are!

Green stuff and Alioop said...

Those look very good.
Must not get distracted by something new...